AGM - 7TH DECEMBER, 2015 - NOTIFICATIONS
As secretary of the above Association and in accordance with Rule 22 (a) I give notice of :
Annual General Meeting
7th December 2015
Palm Beach Currumbin Rugby Club
Bienvenue Drive Currumbin Waters Qld 4223
Commencing at 6.00 pm
The quorum required for this Annual General Meeting (AGM) is double the number of the Management Committee plus one. Given that the Management Committee currently has 6 members, the required quorum for this meeting is a minimum of 13 financial voting members [Rule 23(1)].
The Annual General meeting is being called:
- To receive nominations for the election of members of the Management Committee consisting of President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and 1 other member [Rule 12(1)(a)].
To transact business [Rule 21(2)]:
- The receiving of the Management Committee’s report and the statement of income and expenditure, assets and liabilities and mortgages, charges and securities affecting the property of the association for the preceding financial year.
- The receiving of the auditor’s report upon the books and accounts for the preceding financial year.
- The elections of members of the Management Committee.
- Appointment of an auditor.
Nominations for Management Committee positions must be in writing and signed by the member and proposer and seconder and must be received by the Secretary at least 14 days before the AGM [Rule 12(3)(b)].
Proxy votes must be duly completed on forms available from the Secretary and signed and lodged with the Secretary prior to the commencement of the meeting [Rule 25].
Voting procedure will be in accordance with Rule 25.
General Business will only be addressed at the AGM if raised by paid up Rugby Union members. Any General Business matters deferred at the AGM will be referred to the incoming Management Committee for prompt response.
PLEASE NOTE: Only fully paid up Rugby Union members or Life members are entitled to vote at the AGM.
10th November 2015